Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Leaves 4x6 Watercolor

I've been practicing my watercoloring abilities. Really aiming to get better at the medium. When I learned to first paint I used oiled. After oils I went to acrylics and have stayed with acrylics only because it's what I had. Every time I saw another artist piece made in watercolor I would be instantly captivated. I wanted to paint that lose and have my artwork look all whimsical and dreamy. It's hard for me to let go of being detailed. I know I see detailed watercolor paintings and they are stunning. It takes great skill to be in so much control of the watercolor to make your painting look hyperrealistic.  For me I just adore the flowy in and out of blurriness of some watercolor paintings. I haven't gotten there yet, the acrylic painting in me has a hard time not defining every crack, crevice, hole, or crease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment